Tree Composites is seeking a Composite Engineer with a strong focus on engineering tasks such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), calculations, report drafting, and post-processing of experimental results. If you have a passion for understanding and innovating with composite materials and are excited to work closely with our manufacturing engineers and researchers at TU Delft, then this role might be your next career step.
Tree Composites aims to provide solutions to accelerate offshore wind deployment by a factor nine. How? By designing and manufacturing composite joints for offshore wind foundations. We are a start-up, founded in 2020 to bring our disruptive technology from TU Delft research to the market. Our office can be found in The Buccaneer, the offshore & energy accelerator in Delft. Our current production facility is in Bergen op Zoom (aim is to move to the Rotterdam Area in 2024).
- Conduct engineering tasks primarily related to composite materials, including FEA analysis, calculations, drafting reports, and postprocessing experimental results.
- Specialise in evaluating composite and steel-to-composite interface performance under static and dynamic loading conditions.
- Collaborate closely with design and manufacturing engineers to optimise material behaviour and structural integrity.
- Involved in the certification process of our composite products, ensuring they meet industry and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably with a focus on composites or structural mechanics.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience preferred, particularly in composite materials, FEA analysis, and research.
- Proficiency in software tools such as Abaqus, CATIA, as well as Python for scripting tasks.
- For recent graduates in Engineering, prior experience in composite materials, structural mechanics or FEA is a plus but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with high proficiency in English; Dutch is a plus.
- Detail-oriented but also able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- A valid European Union work permit is required for this role.
What we offer
- A meaningful job in a sustainable company that is working to accelerate the energy transition.
- A fun place to work in an informal, young team that enjoys what they’re doing
- Collaboration with top-tier research institutions like TU Delft.
- As part of our growing team, there is ample scope for you to specialise and define your role within the broader context of engineering composites.
- 28 holiday days, pension & market competitive salary
Please send your resume to Eline.Spek@treecomposites.com. If your experience in composite engineering isn’t immediately clear from your CV, kindly elaborate in your cover letter or email. We believe that diversity drives innovation. We aim for a team with lots of different voices, inherent or acquired. Accelerating the energy transition is too important to be left to one type of idea.