COMPOSITE MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Tree Composites is looking for a Composite Manufacturing Engineer who can bring our designs to live. Are you passionate about improving composite manufacturing? Do you look forward to grow your network by finding the best partners? Are you looking for a job with a diverse range of tasks? Then we might be looking for you.
Tree Composites aims to provide solutions to accelerate offshore wind deployment by a factor nine. How? By designing and manufacturing composite joints for offshore wind foundations. We are a start-up, founded in 2020 to bring our disruptive technology from TU Delft research to the market. Our office can be found in The Buccaneer, the offshore & energy accelerator in Delft. Our current production facility is in Bergen op Zoom (aim is to move to the Rotterdam Area in 2024).
The coming years, we will continue work on R&D projects, creating high quality joints to be tested by the research group at the TU Delft. We are also working on the development (automation and upscaling) of our manufacturing process in order to meet high market demands in the future.
- Develop the automation & upscaling of our future manufacturing;
- Prepare and supervise manufacturing within current projects;
- Take the lead in improvements and innovation of current processes.
- Bachelors or Master degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 1-3 years of (student) working experience preferably in composite, offshore (wind) industry, manufacturing or anywhere you’ve learned transferable skills
- In possession or willing to develop hands-on skills with composite manufacturing, preferably with liquid composite moulding
- Experience in CAD modelling and coding are nice to haves
- You are a strong communicator with a drive to innovate
- You are fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is not required
- A valid European Union work permit is required for this position
What we offer
- A meaningful job in a sustainable company that is working to accelerate the energy transition.
- A fun place to work in an informal, young team that enjoys what they’re doing
- The possibility to grow within a growing company and develop the skills you want and need.
- 28 holiday days, pension & market competitive salary
We believe that diversity drives innovation. We aim for a team with lots of different voices, inherent or acquired. Accelerating the energy transition is too important to be left to one type of idea. Please send your resume to Eline.Spek@treecomposites.com. If your experience with composite or manufacturing is not clear from your resume, please elaborate in an e-mail or cover letter.