All-ROUND MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Tree Composites is looking for a hands-on all-round manufacturing engineer who will support the manufacturing team for our current and future projects. Are you looking for a job where you will combine hands-on tasks with the improvement and development of future composite manufacturing? Do you want to grow your skills and develop yourself as a professional? Then we might be looking for you.
Tree Composites aims to provide solutions to accelerate offshore wind deployment by a factor nine. How? By designing and manufacturing composite joints for offshore wind foundations. We are a start-up, founded in 2020 to bring our disruptive technology from TU Delft research to the market. Our office can be found in The Buccaneer, the offshore & energy accelerator in Delft. Our current production facility is in Bergen op Zoom (aim is to move to the Rotterdam Area in 2024).
The coming years, we will continue work on R&D projects, creating high quality joints to be tested by the research group at the TU Delft. We will also prepare for our future composite manufacturing production facility. And we will be working on commercial projects to develop our technology and grow as a company. For this position, you will work in Delft. During projects, you will part-time coordinate the team in our production facility in Bergen op Zoom.
- Supervising the manufacturing for our projects, including preparation;
- Ensure that we learn and improve from every step we take along the way;
- Support the automation & upscaling of our manufacturing procedure;
- Bachelors or Master degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Starter or 1-3 years of (composite) working experience preferably in composite, offshore (wind) industry, or anywhere you’ve learned skills you can put to good use
- In possession or willing to develop hands-on skills with composite manufacturing
- You are a practical person who likes getting stuff done.
- Experience in CAD modelling and experience with coding are nice to haves
- You are fluent in English, proficiency in Dutch is preferred
- A valid European Union work permit is required for this position
What we offer
- A meaningful job in a sustainable company that is working to accelerate the energy transition.
- A fun place to work in an informal, young team that enjoys what they’re doing
- The possibility to grow within a growing company and develop the skills you want and need.
- 28 holiday days, pension & market competitive salary
We believe that diversity drives innovation. We aim for a team with lots of different voices, inherent or acquired. Accelerating the energy transition is too important to be left to one type of idea. Please send your resume to Eline.Spek@treecomposites.com. If your experience with composite or manufacturing is not clear from your resume, please elaborate in an e-mail or cover letter.